Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sucktastic Puke-a-thon

Just this Sunday my sister got sick. Nothing major. She just threw up. We all figured that she got carsick or something (or at least, I did). But to be on the safe side, when she got home with my mom I ran upstairs because puke and me just do not mix. I figured I could avoid the entire situation if I ran upstairs and hid until all the puke was gone. It seemed so foolproof.

Last night I felt sick-ish, but I didn't think it was anything, you know, out of the ordinary. Maybe the pizza I had for dinner was bad? I hadn't had that kind in a while, so I figured my stomach wasn't used to it. (Ugh, just thinking about pizza now is making me feel like death.) Anyway, I figured whatever the hell I was feeling would pass when I went to bed.

Yeah, no. Of course it didn't. Of course.

At about 11:11 (that was the time I saw before running to the bathroom) I woke up. My mom was in there brushing her teeth and I started complaining.

"Mooommmm," I whined, looking as sickly and pathetic as possible. "I don't feel good. I feel like I'm going to puke!"

"So puke," was her wise advise.

"I can't! It's gross! I don't want-" And then I did.

Yummy, huh?

It was disgusting. I don't want to go into detail. I don't even know why I felt this was important to write about, besides that it was a serious case of karma.

I became good at predicting when it was going to happen though. Just about every 45 minutes or so. My night was full of fun.

Yeah... not so much. I got absolutely no sleep because I thought that if I did fall asleep, then I might not be able to get up in time and... yeah. Gross. I kept falling asleep, though, but never all the way. There was nothing on TV to keep me occupied, and there was no way I'd be able to focus enough to read.

Is it karma? I avoided my sister being sick because I didn't want to see/smell it, and then I had my own to deal with? Or was it just irony?

Either way, it was cruel, and I hate feeling sick. I slept all day, pretty much, seeing as I didn't get any last night, except the couch was completely uncomfortable, so along with feeling like complete crap, my back hurts, too.

On the plus side, I had to miss school. I mean, it isn't really all that great because I've got two tests tomorrow, and I missed my flute lesson, but if I went, there was a good chance that I would have died.

Okay, now that my pointless ramble is done, I've got to go work on my Chemistry (which I avoided last night, even before I knew I wasn't going to school) and study for my Econ test. But I'll probably just sleep more.

Blah.

1 comment:

runa said...

Aww :(

Is there any way you could miss school tomorrow? I know you have two tests, but...seriously, you're already in college. You feel lousy, you should get to stay home =\

Well. Maybe this'll make you feel better.
I think the MuggleCast hosts just made a new podcast, called Smart Mouths. I'm trying to download it now!

FEEL BETTER SOON!